- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp black mustard seeds
- 3 tbsp Patak's Biryani Paste
- 225g basmati rice
- 600ml water
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Grated rind of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- Wash the rice in several changes of water and leave to soak in cold water for half an hour.
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the mustard seeds until they pop.
- Add the Patak's Biryani Paste and the drained rice. Stir together for 1 minute then add the water, lemon juice and lemon rind.
- Cover and simmer for 15 - 20 minutes until all the water is absorbed.
- Stir through the fresh cilantro before serving.