BBQ Madras Burger
Enjoying a burger outdoors is one of the finest pleasures of summer. The aroma of these BBQ Madras Burgers on the grill will get you good and hungry before your first bite.
- 500g lean ground beef
- 3/5 cup Patak's Madras Curry Paste
- ½ onion, diced
- 2 Tbsp breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 12 mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 pineapple rings
- 2 sliced of Swiss cheese
- 2 Tbsp Patak’s Major Grey Chutney
- 2 large Naan breads
- cucumber slices
- In a medium bowl, combine beef with Madras Curry Paste, onion, breadcrumbs, egg, and mint. Mix well, cover with plastic wrap and marinate in fridge at least 1 hour and up to 24 hours.
- Form patties. Heat grill to medium-high and brush with oil. Cook patties until thoroughly heated through. Top each patty with cheese before removing from grill.
- Grill pineapple rings about 1 minute per side. Heat Naan bread on grill too if desired.
- To build each burger, arrange the lettuce, cucumber and patty on one half of the Naan bread, top with a pineapple ring and 1 Tbsp chutney. Fold the other half of the Naan bread over for easy handling.
Tip: For a less intense heat, replace the Madras Curry Paste with Mild Curry Paste, or top each burger with a dollop of Greek yogurt.
Substitute with any Curry Paste as an alternative to Madras.