Biryani Pita Pockets
- 3 tsp Patak's Biryani Paste
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/2 cup basmati rice
- 2 1/2 tbsp unsalted peanuts
- 2 1/2 tbsp raisins
- 10 pieces pineapple chunks, fresh or canned
- Salt to taste
- 8oz water
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 fresh tomato, chopped
- 1 tbsp peas
- 4 pita breads
- Mixed salad
- Cilantro leaves for garnishing
- Heat the oil in a pan and stir fry the rice for 1 minute. Mix in the peanuts, raisins, pineapple, Patak's Biryani Paste and salt.
- Add the water, bring to a boil and simmer for 15-20 minutes until water is absorbed and rice is cooked.
- Stir in the lemon juice, tomato and peas then refrigerate until cold.
- Slice the pita bread and fill with biryani rice and salad.
- Garnish with cilantro leaves. Serve on a bed of salad.