Butter Chicken Hand Pies
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced small
- 1 jar Patak’s Butter Chicken Cooking Sauce (400 ml)
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 package of refrigerated pie crust dough (enough for two pies)
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp water
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add in chicken and brown (about 5 to 6 minutes). Once chicken is cooked, stir in Patak’s Butter Chicken Cooking Sauce. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes, uncovered, stirring occasionally. Stir in fresh cilantro and continue simmering for another five minutes. Set mixture aside.
- Preheat oven to 450F. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Unroll pie crust dough and using a heart shaped cookie cutter, make as many heart shapes as you can with the dough. I was able to make 5 hearts with a medium sized cookie cutter.
- Lay half of the hearts on the baking sheet. In the centre of each heart, add about a teaspoonful of butter chicken mixture. Place the hearts leftover on top to cover. Using the tines of a fork, press down the edges to seal.
- In a small bowl, whisk together egg yolk and water. Using a pastry brush, brush egg mixture on the tops of the hearts. Bake for 10 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve hot.
You will have extra Butter Chicken leftover from this recipe so you can either make more hand pies with it or save it for another meal. http://www.simplystacie.net/2016/02/butter-chicken-hand-pies/