Butter Chicken Meatball Sub
- 1 lb (450 g) extra lean ground chicken
- 1 jar Patak's Butter Chicken Sauce
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) breadcrumbs
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 onion, diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2-4 sub buns, cut in half
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large bowl, mix ground chicken with 2 tbsp Patak’s Butter Chicken Sauce, breadcrumbs, green onion, egg, onion, and salt and pepper until combined.
- Roll mixture into 12 meatballs. Arrange on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until browned and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, add 1 cup of Patak’s Butter Chicken Sauce to a saucepan over medium heat until simmering. Stir in meatballs to coat well. Simmer over low heat, stirring occasionally, for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Arrange 3-5 meatballs with sauce in sub bun. Garnish with cilantro.
Tip: Try using whole wheat or gluten free sub buns. If making this meal gluten-free, be sure to use gluten-free breadcrumbs as well.