Butter Chicken Stuffed Peppers
These little BBQ bundles are a great way to enjoy your veggies. Fill up on quinoa and black beans while biting into summer.
3 main dishes or 6 side dishes
- 3 sweet bell peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil, divided
- 1/4 cup Patak’s Butter Chicken Curry Paste
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1/2 cup black beans
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat grill to medium heat. Brush peppers with half the oil. Set aside.
- Stir curry paste with water. Stir quinoa with curry mixture, corn, black beans, 1/4 cup sliced green onions and garlic until well combined. Spoon evenly into pepper halves.
- Place half the stuffed peppers in a single layer in center of a large sheet of heavy duty foil. Bring foil together to create a tightly sealed packet. Repeat with remaining peppers.
- Place on grill, cook covered, for 15 minutes. Carefully open foil packets (steam will be released) to expose peppers. Sprinkle each pepper with cheese. Continue to grill, covered, for 10 to 15 minutes or until filling is heated through, cheese is melted and peppers are tender. Sprinkle with remaining green onion.
Tip: To cook quinoa: Bring 1 1/3 cups water to boil. Add 2/3 cup quinoa. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until quinoa is tender and water is absorbed, about 15 minutes. Let stand, covered for 5 minutes. Makes 2 cups cooked quinoa.