Chicken & Vegetable Biryani
- 115g/4oz Patak's Biryani Paste
- 225g/8oz long grain rice
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 250g/9oz cooked turkey, chicken, fresh beef, shellfish or fish, diced*
- 250g/9oz mixed vegetables
- 140g/4oz canned chopped tomatoes
- 2 cups boiling water
- Wash the rice and then leave to soak in cold water for 20 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a pan and sauté the onion until soft.
- Drain the rice and add to the onions in the pan. Stir in Patak's Biryani Paste and turkey meat, and cook for another minute.
- Stir in vegetables and mix well. Add the tomatoes and water, cover, and simmer for 15 - 20 minutes, until all the water is absorbed.
- Serve hot with naan bread, chapattis or Patak's pappadums and an assortment of Patak's chutneys, pickles and relishes.
*For chicken or fresh beef, cut into chunks and sauté with the onions until browned. For fresh shellfish or fish, stir in with the vegetables and simmer, making sure not to overcook.