Field Mushrooms with a Spicy Madras and Courgette Stuffing
- 1 1/2 tbsp Patak's Madras Curry Paste
- 4 large field mushrooms plus 1 small mushroom
- Few sprays 1 calorie oil
- 1 small courgette, finely chopped
- 1/2 romano or standard red pepper, deseeded and sliced
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 100g lambs lettuce or mixed salad leaves
- 1 250g pouch microwave basmati rice
- 1 lemon cut into wedges to garnish
- 1 tsp water
- Pre heat the oven to 200C, 400F, Gas Mark 6. Pull the stalks from the large mushrooms and finely chop the stalks with the small mushroom. Heat a non-stick wok or frying pan and add the oil.
- Fry the mushrooms, courgette and red pepper for 1 minute in the wok. Stir in the Patak's Madras Curry Paste, add a tsp of water and allow the paste to cook for 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the microwave basmati rice as directed on the pack and then stir into the wok with the lemon zest.
- Place the mushrooms on a baking sheet, pile the filling on top and bake for 15 - 20 minutes, covering with foil to prevent the rice from drying out.
- Serve with the lambs lettuce or mixed salad leaves and lemon wedges.