Grilled Tofu Madras Noodle Salad
These energy packed bowls will have you feeling great and the smoky BBQ flavour infused into each vegetable will have you craving more.
To make the Madras Vinaigrette:
- 3 Tbsp Patak’s Madras Curry Paste
- 3 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 ½ tsp honey
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all 7 ingredients. Set aside.
To make the Noodles:
- 250g rice noodles
- 275g extra firm tofu, sliced ½” thick
- 1 red chili pepper, halved and seeded
- 1 red onion, thickly sliced
- 1 zucchini, halved lengthwise
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp chives, chopped
- Cook rice noodles according to package directions, drain and rinse in cold water until chilled. Transfer to large bowl.
- Heat grill to medium-high and grease grate well. Brush tofu, red chilli pepper, onion, and zucchini with oil, then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Grill Tofu and vegetables for 3-4 minutes per side, until grill marks appear on tofu and vegetables are tender-crisp.
- Chop tofu and vegetables into bite size pieces, then add to noodles. Drizzle vinaigrette over noodles, then toss to coat and combine. Top with chives to serve.
Tip: For a less intense heat, replace the Madras Curry Paste with Mild Curry Paste, or top each bowl with a dollop of Greek yogurt (keep in mind that with yogurt the recipe will no longer be vegan).
Dietary Considerations: Gluten-free; vegan.