Indian Style Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
Everyone's favourite, the classic grilled cheese, made even more irresistible by combining aged cheddar with naan bread. Sweet Mango Chutney can be substituted if you prefer.
- 1 1/2 tsp (7.5ml) olive oil
- 1 package plain naan bread
- 2 tbsp (30ml) Patak's Sweet Mango Chutney
- 1 tbsp (15ml) finely chopped mint
- 1 cup (250ml) coarsely grated old white cheddar cheese
- Preheat a panini press or set a cast iron pan over medium heat.
- Brush olive oil on one side of each naan bread and arrange oiled side down on work surface. Spread mango chutney on one naan; scatter mint on top, followed by a layer of cheese. Cover with remaining naan bread, oiled side up. Cut sandwich in half crosswise.
- Transfer sandwiches to panini press or pan and cook until cheese is melted and both sides of naan are golden brown, about 5 minutes. If using a cast iron pan, cook, flipping once, about 3-4 minutes per side.