Lamb Kebabs are a great way to Mix in a Little India to your barbecuing. These craveable kebabs have a wonderful crust on the outside, but stay superbly moist on the inside. Be sure to have some chutney near by, because they’re great to dip too!
- 1 tbsp of vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 125ml of Patak’s Mild Curry Paste
- 500g of ground lamb
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp of breadcrumbs
- Patak’s Sweet Mango Chutney
- Add the oil to a medium-high heat pan and then add the onion, slowly adding in the Patak’s Mild Curry Paste to release the full flavours and aroma of the paste. After five minutes, remove from the heat and let the paste mixture cool
- Add the cooled paste mixture to the lamb, bread crumbs, and egg and mix well
- Put the mixture into a freezer bag and leave the marinade in the fridge for at least one hour prior to cooking, but no more than 24 hours
- Remove the lamb mixture from the fridge and shape the mixture into balls and then place a skewer through the lamb
- Place on the barbecue at medium-high heat, turning occasionally
- Ensure lamb is cooked to at least 71°C and serve with Patak’s Sweet Mango Chutney dip
Substitute with any Curry Paste an an alternative to Mild.