Potato & Pea Samosa Pie
- 1 sheet puff pastry, your own, or store bought, you’ll need a 9×9 sheet
- 6 medium yellow potatoes, peeled, boiled and then diced
- 1 cup green peas, cooked (use frozen and simply put them in with your boiling potatoes at the very end)
- 1/2 a large white onion, diced
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3-6 tbsp Patak’s Mild Curry Paste (I used 6, but we like it with a lot of flavour)
- In a large skillet or pot, melt the butter over medium high heat and cook onions until they are soft and translucent.
- Add in the curry paste and stir until the onions are covered with spice.
- Add in the potatoes and peas and then put it into an 8″ square baking pan which has been sprayed with oil.
- Place the rolled square of puffed pastry on top, and cut a few slits so that steam can escape.
- Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 25-30 minutes, or until the puff pastry is a rich golden colour.
Enjoy with Patak’s Mango Chutney on the side. This could easily be a main course with a side salad, or serve in smaller squares as a sit-down appetizer.