Trio of Dips with Toasted Naan Bread
Love entertaining? It's deliciously easy to make store-bought dips your very own by personalizing them with delectable Patak's spice mixes and fresh herbs.
For Naan Bread:
- 1 package garlic and coriander naan bread
- Preheat the oven to 400oF. Slice 2 pieces of naan bread into long triangles. Lay out the pieces on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes. Serve alongside the dips.
For Mint and Mango Yogurt Dip:
- 1 cup (250 ml) thick plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) Patak's Sweet Mango Chutney
- 1 tsp (5 ml) Patak's Hot Chilli Indian Style Pickle
- 1/2 English cucumber, grated
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) each chopped fresh mint, cilantro and green onion
- In a bowl stir together the yogurt, chutney, chilli, cucumber and fresh herbs and onions.
Try these simple additions to store bought dips:
To 1 cup (250 ml) prepared roasted red pepper dip add 2 tablespoons (30 ml) chopped fresh cilantro.
To 1 cup (250 ml) of prepared hummus try this: In a small sauté pan heat 1 tablespoon (15 ml) olive oil and 1 tablespoon (15 ml) Patak's Madras Curry Paste. Stir in 1/2 cup (125 ml) finely diced white onion. Cook, stirring frequently, over medium heat until the onion is soft and caramelized. Stir into hummus.